South Africa +18
School and Community Projects in South Africa
Are you leaving school this year and want a break before beginning more study or your real job? Do you want to take a break in your University studies and feel like doing something different for a few months? YFU may have an ANSWER for you! We are offering suitable applicants the opportunity to spend 3, 6 or 12 months working in school or community organization in South Africa.
- Being a teaching assistant in a primary school
- Assisting with lessons and other school activities including sports
- Working on community projects such as working in a community multi-purpose centre organising sporting and other activities for teenagers or working on community health projects for youth, adults and the elderly
- Working on a university based AIDS project research and peer support activities
- Working in a school community on a nature reserve including assisting with conservation/wildlife programs.
These programs provide a wonderful opportunity for those seeking a career in teaching, working with young people or working on community development through community health projects. It is also an opportunity to explore new parts of the world with the security of knowing the program is supported by an established exchange organisation. You will also have opportunities at an additional cost to take part in optional escorted cultural tours including a ten day tour of Limpopo and Mpumalanga provinces or a two week tour of the Western Cape and part of the Eastern Cape.
Who Can Apply?
Interested applicants aged between 18 and 24 years must have completed secondary school in order to participate.
- All accommodation and meals
- Medical and travel insurance
*Airfare not included
|12 Weeks||January 2018||$2,500 AUD||October 10, 2017|
|26 Weeks||January 2018||$3,000 AUD||October 10, 2017|
|12 Weeks||July 2018||$3,200 AUD||April 15, 2018|
|26 Weeks||July 2018||$3,500 AUD||April 15, 2018|